latest Post

Nature’s call: Let Us Do Things Responsibly


I woke up one day feeling like there is something that is running onto me. As I opened my eyes, there I saw bunch of bulldozers and excavators fast approaching. I asked myself, “What are they going to do?” I kept on shouting and shouting louder as I felt these things slowly brought me pain. I shouted for help but no one seemed to hear me. I cried for aid but no one seemed to notice. So, I kept my silence and in my silence, I finally knew what was really happening.

Time passed by. They extracted my treasures. No matter how loud I yelled my heart out, they just would not stop what they are doing. After that, I realized I am pathetic to seek for help.

Then, through time, I finally felt that I am filled once again. Mine reclamation and mined land preparation for second use happened. My landscape had improved and my land achieved its stability. Also, as climate change arose, the deeds of the people contributed in reducing it. The use of renewable energy and application of agricultural approach for mine reclamation helped in deducting carbon dioxide concentration and carbon footprint in mined land area. These repairs made by people responsible for the extraction played a big role in making me stand resilient again.

And as I woke up another day, I saw a lot of people owning valuable commodities. They had kitchenware and pipes. They were wearing jewelries – may it be gold, silver or diamonds. They were using cellphones, pagers and laptops. The communication lines became easier, connecting people from the opposite part of the world. What a delight knowing that from me, a response and answer for physical absence was created, comforting people and filling the empty moments from missing dear ones. These showed that they have benefited from me. They used my treasures for survival. Also, what they did open a lot of job opportunities in many aspects. I saw people selling jewelries and gadgets clearly made from my treasures. I also realized that those people who extracted my treasures considered what they did as their job and source of income. The business and investment opportunities had visibly increased and my surroundings were visited by a lot of people of different races which supported the claim that the tourism income had also increased. The value of land also improved as these operations continued to grow.

After that, I settled, pondered and questioned myself, “Did I really know what was happening? Should I really be sad of the extraction activities when they are responsible and effects development even for the future generations?” I realized that I do not have any idea what these operations brought me and to the people who surround me. I realized that I have not yet seen the wider effects of the operations they did. I understood that I should have found out first the whole story because my constricted eyes are never infallible. From my ponderings came my heartfelt statement to everyone, “I am the Environment and I permit my use as long as you do your activities responsibly. Thus, I implore everyone to be open as I have opened to these responsible activities for your long term benefit.”

About Unknown

Unknown
Recommended Posts × +

0 comments:

Post a Comment